Sunday, June 10, 2018

A Clean Home is a Happy Home

We've all heard that saying right?  A clean home is a happy home.  Well my home is almost always a mess...and I'm not happy about it.  I did what all of us normal people do and looked on Pinterest for a magical cleaning schedule.  I read 3 and took a nap because I  was so exhausted just thinking about maintaining those daily routines.  I had to make my own REASONABLE cleaning schedule.  If you are like me and my family (real people with messy houses), feel free to steal this!  I laminated ours and it's hanging on the fridge.


I kept the daily schedule pretty light but this is what needs to be done daily or else the house gets out of control fast!  Each day of the week, I added one task.  Clean the bathrooms every Monday, wipe down appliances Tuesdays.  Wednesday I will mop & vacuum and Dave does his laundry.  Thursday, I do my laundry with Ella's and while it's washing, I sort through the week's mail.  That's also the mow the lawn day so we are all set for the weekend!  I want my weekend to start AS SOON AS POSSIBLE when work ends Friday so I left no "chores" for Friday.  I tried to keep this schedule as quick and easy as possible so that it's still doable when we have busy weeks (like this week when we have a vet appointment Monday, Tuesday I am tutoring plus we have soccer and shopping to do, and Thursday I have a book party to run with tons of follow up to do for it on Friday).

We do our grocery shopping on the weekends so I'll make our list/menu while Dave cleans out the fridge (and shouts out things we need to add to the list).  I'll also wash sheets and towels...I find these the easiest laundry to do and put away so I don't mind adding it to my weekend.  But that's it!  Friday-Sunday is family fun time (and house reno time if we are doing big projects).  

When the seasons change, we take 1 weekend to do a deeper clean on things like windows and mattresses.  And annually, it's a good idea to clean the dryer vents, clean gutters, etc.  but for the most part, this is our new motto when it comes to cleaning the house:


In the next few weeks, I'll be sharing more about how this is going and how we are getting organized once and for all!   Let us know in the comments if you have a similar cleaning schedule or if you think we missed something important!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment